Going Paleo - Eating for Better Health

A few weeks ago I was very inspired by a story of a woman who had healed her health issues with proper eating.  Since then I have read through her amazing story and purchased her latest cookbook: Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great



We have decided to start eating Paleo.  What is Paleo?  Simply put, think hunter, gatherer.  The way God designed us to eat before man started modifying everything!  Going Paleo consists of eating mostly meats, fruits and vegetables.  Initially I thought about going Gluten free, but Paleo is much more!  It is totally grain free, dairy free and pretty much sugar free.  Sounds scary doesn't it!!!?

Since I love food, this it is a bit scary... but since I have had health issues for over 12 years now, I am committed to trying it.  My biggest issue with my health is with Fibromyalgia and the chronic (all over the body) pain that comes with it.  I am hoping that with this healthier way of eating I can minimize or heal many of my health problems.

The book that inspired me, Against All Grain, has many recipes for desserts and breads that you can actually make without grains.  I was shocked to find out that there is coconut flour and almond flour that you can substitute for the wheat/flour in recipes.  This will make getting rid of gluten an grains so much easier!  Also, the book has healthy versions of several comfort foods.  Her recipes are highly rated and I can't wait to try several of them.  Foods that I've always loved but now they are healthy for me, yum!!!  

Last night we made our first recipe from the book, banana bread... It is completely grain free and uses no sugar.  My husband and I both love it!  I can't share the actual recipe since it is not my own. However, I will be coming up with some of my own recipes for our family.  I will share any that are a success!

As a bonus, eating this way I should be able to drop a few (or more than a few) excess pounds.  Getting rid of all the empty carbohydrates (potatoes, bread, white rice and more) I sure hope I lose some weight!  I will let you know as it happens...  

Note: I will admit now that I will be allowing myself a few mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving.  It will be interesting to see how I feel on Thanksgiving compared to other days.

Have any of you tried eating Paleo.  How do you like it?

Until next time...

Note:  I did not get paid for sharing/promoting this recipe book.  It is my excitement over this new way of eating that has inspired me to share it with my readers.  However, if you purchase the cookbook via the Amazon link (which is discounted off of retail) I do receive a small percentage of the sale. Amazon links and ads on my page help me to pay for my projects and share them with you. Thank you for your support!  

Blessings,

Diana

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! I have been considering doing this same thing. I know when I cut out carbs several years ago I felt great!! So excited to see how you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried Paleo before. But cutting out carbs is already in my diet plan especially with rice. Nice book thanks for recommending.

    herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana