DIY Christmas Craft - JOY

This is an easy to do DIY Christmas holiday craft project... and it was very inexpensive.  I had three mirrors that I found on clearance last year that I had yet to use in my home. I went to my local craft store and purchased letters cut from plywood that spelled out JOY... I used a sponge brush and painted them with silver metallic and glitter paints to give them a bright sparkling look. I then used Command strips for picture hanging on the back of the letters and on the center of the mirrors to mount the letters onto the mirrors. The command strips will easily remove when the holidays are over so I can still use these mirrors year round.  See below for pictures of the progress and products used.


I like to use a paper plate to put my paints on as it makes for a super easy clean up! Also I use a sponge brush since they are only 39 cents... and paper towels to protect my surface.  I love that I can just throw them all in the trash when I'm done :) I love to keep it simple!


My craft paints were water based acrylics so although I did get some on my fingers while holding and turning the the letters while I was painting them, it did wash right off!


The command strips were perfect for mounting the letters to the mirrors! I love these things... I find myself using them more and more around the house...


This is my new entryway table that my hubby got me as an early Christmas present.... (love him!!!). Rather than hanging the JOY mirrors in the entry I decide to just lean them and put a little pop of color and some ornaments in front of them. It is a cute touch to the entry hall.


Until next time...
Happy decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana